Wednesday, November 07, 2007

SSLC fire department. Your not the boss of me!

So all of those die hard UtiliGEE fans no doubt remember my last tirade on the doors of the South Salt Lake City Hall. When the city council raised the taxes 116%, I gave my censure to the Council members who raised the taxes. Bill Anderson (one of the members of the council) replied by saying I "can go back to [my] X-Box and let people who truly want to wrestle with the difficult issues facing this city do the boring work". Since then Bill had gotten the support of the South Salt Lake Fire department. Usually the candidate that has their support wins the race. Also Ryan Gold, and Mike Rutter got their support. I am proud to announce, that the citizens of south salt lake stuck it to the fire department. Bill Anderson and Ryan Gold both lost! Sadly, Mike Rutter did squeeze ahead of Herbert Goldhardt to win. But overall it was good news in deed.

Fire Department: 1
Citizens of South Salt Lake: 2

But the Election wasn't all smiles. The biggest thing to be on the ballot since prohibition was voted on across the bee hive state...Vouchers. This was Utah's time to shine. But sadly the majority of people in utah are still wearing blinders.
Unions: 1
People who care about education: 0
Some day Utahans will wake up and see the mess they created. They were offered a way to fix the schools and they blew it. They listened to the NEA instead. Soon they will see how awefull the NEA is, but by then it may be too late. I do think it was appropriate that there was an article about another union in the times the same day as vouchers fell. I can only hope that the same happens to members of the UEA before they bleed the schools dry.

2 comments:

Steph said...

You scare me a wee bit...that is all

Tom said...

Gavin,
You should put up the e-mail address of the 'x-box' guy so we can write to him.