Saturday, September 29, 2007

Andrew, Ice Cream, and BYU

Andrew Gee is the 6th Gee from the Salt Lake City branch to attend BYU. He is currently preparing to serve a full time mission. Today he shares some of his plans for the future and what the life of a high school grad is like.

What was your favorite part of BYU?

The BYU creamery ice cream, and after that it would be the library, I like how big it is and how many places there are to study. I liked my roommates; they were always doing fun stuff. I like the testing center too, I really like the instant results. I also liked the smith field house, you could go and they would give you clothes and wash them so it made working out really easy.

After finishing your first semester what areas would you like to focus on when you continue?

I want to take language classes; I want to take several languages so that I can travel the world.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?


At McDonalds having a big Mac. Perhaps in a foreign country doing a humanitarian project.

How are you going to pay for said humanitarian project?


Well if you have a real job then you just get over there and you just live off the land. Everywhere you go they have dandelions.

What type of things are you doing to prepare for your mission?


I’m making this cool scripture case, and I’m reading a lot more. I am also taking a mission prep class, this is my second one. I think the best preparation was moving out and learning how to live on my own.

What were some things you enjoyed, and disliked about living alone?


I thought while I was there I was eating worse, but then when I came back I realized I was eating much better. I liked the freedom of it; going out any time you want, swimming at midnight. It was fun.

What are some of the things that you are looking forward to doing on your mission?


Serving others, I like doing that. I feel happiest when I am helping other out.



2 comments:

Tom said...

That kid may be the goofiest looking kid I've EVER seen. And he looks almost like Gavin.

Gavin said...

So are you trying to say that you think I am the goofiest looking kid you have ever seen?