Saturday, February 16, 2008

Foolishness of Stimulus

Yesterday Mayor Blumberg described the stimulus plan congress passed last week as " giving drink to an alcoholic". Edward P. Lazear the Chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisers said that the stimulus package would help save 500,000 jobs this year. That would be great, except that means each of those jobs are costing us $336,000. But our presidential candidates are already trying to find plans which would be an even more expensive way of saving jobs. Even Hillary Clinton now has turned her back on NAFTA, now she agrees with Obama in saying that NAFTA has taken jobs away from Americans. If they are successful in getting rid of free trade agreements and "forcing" corporations to stay in America. We will soon find ourselves paying much more than just $300,000 to keep a job that pays less than $50,000 here. But this one may take the cake for Hillary and Obama's worst idea.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Thanks for popping my bubble yet again GG. Listen, I'm not an alcoholic but I am a shopaholic so I want the money and I want it without thinking about all the other crap. And yes, by ‘crap’ I mean economics. JUST GIVE ME THE MONEY and I’ll stimulate the economy single handedly!!! ;)