Thursday, July 10, 2008

Bringing back the yellow jersey


5 years ago in homage to Lance Armstrong winning the Yellow Jersey I crocheted a yellow sweater vest. Now when you crochet something like a yellow jersey (or sweater vest) it symbolizes more then the fact that you want to be able to stay warm through the cold texas summers, but it shows that you are constantly on the lookout for greatness. In the past I have given each of my roommates the opportunity to wear the vest if they had obtained a significant level of said greatness. Sadly in the past few years the vest has been religated to ugly sweater contest, not for lack of greatness on the part of my roommates, but for lack of taking the effor to recognize the greatness of the office employees. This year however, the Tour de France is really speaking to me. And it is time to honor one of the office employees. So keep on the lookout to see if it will be Abinadi for his amazing web 2.0 skills, Andrew for his lady killing skills, Russell for getting sweet deals on furniture skills, or me for being, well, plain amazing.

1 comment:

Steph said...

So, GG, I've been waiting...whose going to be wearing the yellow at the next Quad-stake dance?