Saturday, April 19, 2008

Make it stop

Six months ago I was glued to youtube. Anytime there was a debate I didn't want to miss a second (yes, I suffered through all of the democratic debates. Although I did enjoy when Tim Russet had to tell Gov. Richardson he wasn't dealing with funny money). I hung on every word (well, at least when Ron Paul was talking). My political engine was fueled and revving in the red zone. Yet, this week when a co-worker asked if I would be watching the debates I cringed...When will it end!
By now, I, and probably you too, am sick of hearing how the bitter poor are clinging to Hillary. And the elite snobs are avoiding the sniper fire by placing their audacity in Obama.
I used to look forward to reading the Op-Ed columns in the NY Times. Now I shutter at having to read what Hillary did to destroy her chances or why everyone loves/is sick of Obama.
Something needs to be done. First, I was going to submit a bill to congress putting an moratorium on all presidential election reporting until August 1, but then I remembered I'm not a democrat. So to avoid being a hypocrite I have come up with another plan. Instead of changing the government, I will change the world. I hereby declare the beginning of the Badical Sabbatical. Yes, that is right, a sabbatical from any presidential election jibber jabber until August 1, 2008. Seeing how this blog is basically the trend center for the internet and web 2.0, I think it will only be a matter of a few weeks until the NY Times follows suite. My fellow bloggians of the world UNITE! be badical, join the sabbatical.

2 comments:

Nathaniel Gee said...

While most would agree with you I can not help but admit that I have caught the fever and love every minute of it. I have been counting down the days to Pennsylvania and wish I was there. I was really into it as long as Romney was on the scene but know that I really don't care weather Obama or Clinton wins I find it all that much more enjoyable. Being able to watch without the gut wretching feeling the the country is destroying its one chance out of disaster is kind of nice.

Andrew said...

Gavin, I couldn't agree with you more. Especially the part where you said that UtiliGEE is the center of all that is Web 2.0, you are spot on. HERE HERE!