Thursday, April 10, 2008

Shamu comes to Austin


At the beginning of April I made a goal to cut sweets out of my diet. Initially this seemed like an easy task. All the money I could save by not purchasing sweets, could mean I would save a grundle. I quickly have come to realize the problem isn't the sweets I am buying, but the ones being thrown at me. In the past 10 days I have been offered cookies, cakes, brownies, soda, twinkles, banana bread, and muffins. An average of 2 times a day I get offered sweets, now I wish I could say I turned them all down, but as Paul says "the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak". So it is time we all started helping each other out. Stop taking treats to work. You may think your doing all your co-workers a favor, but your not. So unless you're trying to make your office look like sea world I suggest you start saving money, and all of your friends and co-workers waist lines. Next time someone ask you to bring treats for an activity tell them you'll do one better, and bring nothing.

1 comment:

Steph said...

It's your own fault...people offer you treats because you look homeless.