Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Uncle!


I said it. I give up. You win already. While we still have several weeks before election day, I have decided to spare you the anticipation and write my concession speech today. (No, I wasn't actually running for president, but I am doing this in behalf of John McCain, Bob Barr, Chuck Baldwin, Ralph Nader, and anyone else who may wake up Nov. 4th to find their name on the ballot).

I realize this campaign has been long hard and often ugly. I would like congratulate you, Barack Obama, on running a great campaign and beating the odds. You have brought together the masses. The world who has been harboring animosity against us the past 8 years, seems to be willing to let that sail, as they are already to welcome you with open arms. Your wife has said for the first time she is proud to be an American. I hope in the coming years many more people will add their voices to hers and become "proud Americans". Now many of us have been proud of this country since we were old enough to light a sparkler on the 4th of July. Hopefully we will, in time all learn to, be proud to call you our President.

Your going to step into office during the greatest financial crisis since the great depression. I am fully confident that you will be able to lead us out and on to better times. However I am also not completely naive, and realize you are fully capable of going Herbert Hoover on us. The day you set foot into office there will be knocks on your door trying to Nationalize all banks, then it will be the automobile industry, followed by the airlines. I will fill more comfortable if you are reading Free to Choose those days. You don't have it...come on over and borrow mine, believe me it will help.

Because honestly I don't expect much from you. I don't want your health care plan. I don't want a penny of social security. I won't need medicare, medicaid, or food stamps. You don't need to protect me from greedy CEO's on wall street. I don't need you to provide low interest rates for me to buy a house. I've been poor before and I'm sure I'll be poor again, don't worry about me, I'll be fine. The only thing I'm afraid of is losing my freedom. You and John have been arguing a lot about the possibility of going to war with Iran or Russia. I'm not as worried about Vladamir Putin or Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as I am about the enemies inside the gates. Remember the words of Mormon, at least I think it was Mormon (it doesn't really matter since you haven't read it anyways), to clean the inner vessel first. So I am here to wish you luck and success in what is shaping to be one of the most critical times in our history. I will be here supporting you and criticizing you the whole time. Just remember to watch out for the Kingsmen.

1 comment:

Abinadi said...

Elequently put, Mr. Gee. It seems that Joebama will have their comeuppance come November 4th.