Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Getting back to my Roots

Yesterday my dad started a blog where he is going to tell stories about growing up in Pocatello Idaho. His first post is mostly about how my Grandpa ended up there. I never knew people had such a negative opinion about war crime judges. But what impressed me is that my Grandpa didn't listen when the government told him he wouldn't be able to make it on his own. He said it was better to try. My Dad often did the same thing, by turning down government funding while he was at school. They both had the Audacity of Hope. They actually believed they would make it even if the government didn't put them in the wheel chair and pushed them along.
Compare that to Barack Obama's idea of hope. He thinks we can make it on our own...if we eliminate foreign competition, if we pay off anyones mortgage who can't afford to pay themselves, and if we pay for your health insurance. You might make it, but we will put in every fail safe possible (because lets face it, your not going to make it). Yes, he is uniting the masses. Where people all over are standing together and saying "YES I CAN...count on the government to take care of me from cradle to grave". Yes, finally we have a politician that can help us reach our full potential of dependancy and usher in a new age, the age of hopelessness.

2 comments:

Abinadi said...

This blog gets better and better every time I read it.

Well said, my friend. Here's to the Audacity of Hope!

The Girl said...

I love that you used the term, "From Cradle To Grave"