Wednesday, March 12, 2008

3^3

In honor of my 27th birthday I decided to write my birthday wishes in this post similar to how Greg Mankiw did on his 50th (although I don't think the Times will publish mine). Initially I planned on writing about how I wish my money was still worth something, and that we would get inflation under control. I also had the wish that presidential candidates would actually listen to their economic advisers. And about 10 other economic related issues. But Wednesday my younger brother Andrew entered the MTC to prepare for his mission in Peru.
While speaking to him I started to realize how trivial some of the issues I spend all day arguing about really are. Now don't get me wrong, I haven't taken anything off of my wish list. And I will continue to harass Bernanke and all of the presidential candidates. But I decided this year if I could only get one of my wishes to come true it would be to become a missionary.
As I was talking to Andrew and giving him advice I started to have flashbacks to my days in Bayern. It seems all I have left from those days are a few journal entries and a par of photos. All of the important lessons learned have been all but forgotten. I remembered thinking what I wanted to become while I was out there, and looking at where I have arrived it is apparent I took a few wrong turns. So this year I am going to be looking for that lost path I should have headed down long ago. And who knows, maybe I will get a chance to give the FED a piece of my mind while I'm looking.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Hey what's wrong with you - you're not supposed to forget the important lessons - duh! It must be your age...