Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Jumping Jigga Watts Batman...It's Josiah!


Josiah Schaddelee (right) is a student at the University of Texas were he is preparing to become a firefighter and save the world (or at least a few kittens that are stuck in trees). He gained fame when he was one of only three capital wardians who didn't turn into a little girl during the month of December. I caught up with him to ask about some of his goals and his recent conversion.

What brought you to Austin?
The University of Texas at Austin and my automobile.

What is your favorite thing about living in Austin?
Well, I don’t like Texas that much. I don’t like suburbia. Austin is very non-suburbia, it has green belt, Frisbee golf, Zilker,. The nature of Austin it just isn’t all buildings and concrete there is a lot of wildlife to it.

How has your life changed since joining the church?
Well, I kind of like don’t cavort and party, I still party, but I don’t inebriate myself. I don’t do engaging activities on Sunday anymore.

What was the hardest thing about joining the church?
Definitely the steel rail that gashed the top of my head.

Describe the perfect day?
It would start with me waking up. Upon which I would eat some breakfast and splash water in my face. And then I would do all sorts of fun things. Everyone would do fun things with me. And pretty much fun things would happen all day. And when everyone is too exhausted to do fun things, we all sit back and eat some brown sugar and maple oatmeal, and then hit the sack.

What are three things you are passionate about?
Food, music, J.C. (Jesus Christ)

I’m just very passionate about food because certain foods revolt me, and I can’t be in the presence of it. Like salt and vinegar potato chips, and mayonnaise, I am venumently opposed to McDonalds griddle cakes.
I enjoy and I listen to a lot of music. I have made my rounds and I can distinguish good and bad music. Really bad music can put me in a really bad mood, so I try to be passionate about listening to something that is pleasant, relatively speaking.
I’m not always passionate about JC, but it is increasingly where I want my priorities to lie. And that is where ultimate rewards come from so it makes sense that is where I should be focused.

What things are you looking for in an ideal candidate?
They would have to be increasing adaptive, they would have to be able to serve the people, and poses the discernment to know when the people are making foolish decisions. They would have to be exceptionally good at helping the population, realize what the right course of action is and why it is being implemented. They would also have to be firm and steadfast in consistently doing the right thing. And they would have to be capable of not only leading the country, but serving to help the country as well. And they would have to be completely green

3 comments:

Nathaniel Gee said...

I think I'll send three razors to Texas. YIKES

The Girl said...

Josiah, are steel poles your nemesis?

Steph said...

When you say completely green, do you mean like unto the Green Lantern because then yes, sign me up for that candidate!