Tuesday, March 04, 2008

My brother needs a house!

For the past few months my older brother Gardner has been searching the Salt Lake area for a new house. Now my brother recently received his Masters degree in Economics, so he isn't exactly raking in the Benjamin's. And prices in Salt Lake haven't plummeted as they have in other parts of the country. But there have been a few foreclosures. So every time I hear about the number of foreclosures skyrocketing I give out an evil cackle (waaahahaha). And every time I hear some *eggnog head politician saying we need to help people so they don't foreclose I am getting ready to paint my face and head out with the local mob (to join your own local mob simply grab a torch and pitch fork then proceed to the town square screaming gibberish). I mean really no one ever thinks about the even poorer people who can't even afford a house. As people foreclose home prices are falling and that means for many Americans they will finally be able to buy the house they have always wanted. If we really wanted to help the poor we would let the housing crisis do it's thing, and we would lock up those crazy chowder heads into the darkest dungeon (at least I think that is what mobs do). I thought I was alone in this idea, until Steven Landsburg came to the rescue and backed me up.

*eggnog head or chowder brain is a term often used to describe our current president, or any other loon without any economic sense.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Question: What do you call a loon WITH economic sense? Oh wait, that's what we call a 'Gavin Gee' - right?